While we all wait for August 17 to finally arrive, I thought I’d gather up the Canada Line info lying around into one mega post, so everyone can snoop around before they board the trains.
- Here’s the Buzzer’s original tour of the Canada Line — video heavy!
- The Buzzer also took several readers on a Canada Line ride: click here to see the photo and video from VancouverIsAwesome.com, Miss604, and more.
- Here are three photo tours of Waterfront Station, Vancouver City Centre, and Yaletown Station, during their construction.
- And make sure to check out Tafyrn & Seamora Palecloud’s Canada Line Photography site, which has photos of the whole line’s construction, dating back to 2005. (Here’s a profile I did of Tafyrn & Seamora!)
- Collected photos and video from the four open houses this summer: Vancouver City Centre, Oakridge Station, Templeton Station, Lansdowne Station (plus one more set from Lansdowne.)
- Lego models of Canada Line stations: here’s King Edward, and here’s YVR.
- Hey — a piece of an old Canada Line temporary bridge was used to repair the Pattullo after the fire this year.
- For details like service hours, bikes on Canada Line, and more, check out the Canada Line section of TransLink’s website. The full list of bus changes related to the Canada Line can be found here. (Edit: These bus changes will take effect on Monday, Sept 7 — there will be a few weeks of the current service before they change over.)
- Here’s the opening announcement article from the Vancouver Sun, and a gallery of their ride on the line from March 2009.