Keep an eye out: we’re making seasonal bus service changes on Monday, May 3.
Make sure to check the full list of bus changes for May 3 to see if you are affected!
Creative use of resources provides a few improvements
We do these bus changes every spring to reflect lower demand—and this time around, even though our budget won’t allow expansion, creative use of resources is providing a few improvements.
For example, with Canada Line in service, Vancouver-bound customers are now leaving home later for work. Service is being reorganized to reflect the higher demand later in the morning, with more trips for the following routes between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.:
- 351 Crescent Beach/Bridgeport Station
- 352 Ocean Park/Bridgeport Station
- 354 White Rock Centre/Bridgeport Station
- 602 Tsawwassen Heights/Bridgeport
- 603 Beach Grove/Bridgeport
- 604 English Bluff/Bridgeport
- 601 Bridgeport Station/South Delta/Boundary Bay (the 601 will see more trips between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m.)
As well, some buses that run “not in service” on Granville to reach their 5 Robson/6 Davie routes will now run as 10 Downtown on those first trips. Yay!
More key changes to know about
There are also a few more key changes that you should know about.
- the 15 Cambie/Downtown will run less frequently, as many going downtown are using the Canada Line. Look for it every 12 minutes instead of every 10 minutes during morning and afternoon rush, and every 15 minutes instead of 12 minutes at midday.
- the 239 Capilano University/Park Royal will see extra University service trips removed between Phibbs Exchange and Capilano University, running every 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes during the morning and afternoon rush hours, and every 30 minutes instead of 15 in midday. (The frequency will be restored in September.)
However, the frequency between Park Royal and Phibbs Exchange will not be changing, Monday to Friday. There are no changes to the weekend timetable either.
- the two bus bays near New Westminster Station for the 112 Edmonds Station/Lougheed Station will move one block north to Carnarvon Street, due to construction of the Plaza 88 project. See this map for full details. UPDATE: The 112 service will reroute effective Wednesday May 5, due to road paving!
These are only a few highlights: make sure to see all the May 3 changes!
Again, we make these seasonal adjustments to bus service just four times a year, reflecting major passenger ebbs and flows in April, June, September, and December. Look out for the next set of changes in June!