The Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) Fair opens this weekend! The PNE is celebrating its 100th birthday this year, and they’re kicking things off with a parade along Beach Avenue on Friday, August 20th. Read on below to see what transit service is offered to the fair, reroutes for the parade, and reroute info for the Ladner Village Market on Sunday.
Transit service to the Fair at the PNE
The Fair at the PNE runs from Saturday, August 21 – Monday, September 6, 2010, from 11am until late (weather permitting). It’s also open at 9 a.m. on Sunday, August 22, with free gate admission from 9 a.m. to noon. (Note: The free gate admission offer is on SUNDAY this year, not Saturday as in previous years.)
To help you reach the fair, special shuttle buses to the PNE operate from many different areas, and will run from Saturday August 21 to Monday September 6. These express buses will run:
- from 29th Avenue Station via Renfrew Station to Pacific Coliseum: every 15 minutes from 9:30am until midnight. Please note that the buses will stop across the street from the 29th Avenue bus loop, facing westbound on 29th Avenue.
- from Phibbs Exchange to the Pacific Coliseum: every 15 minutes from 9:30 a.m. until midnight
- from Horseshoe Bay to Pacific Coliseum at 8:10 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:25 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. (stopping at Park Royal 20 minutes later)
- from 25th & Marine at 11 a.m., 12:45 p.m. and 3 p.m., (stopping at Park Royal 10 minutes later); return trips leave Pacific Coliseum at 1:30 (Park Royal only) p.m., 3:10 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:10 p.m., 6:10p.m., 7:20 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. (to Horseshoe Bay) with a final trip to 25th & Marine at 10:45pm.
- Please note that the #10 Granville will leave Kootenay Loop a few minutes early during peak periods to allow for delays at stops serving the PNE.
SkyTrain will run additional trains on Saturday nights, to handle the anticipated extra crowds.
Reroutes for Friday August 20
From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., the City of Vancouver will host the PNE Parade along Beach Ave. The parade will start at Stanley Park and end at Sunset Beach. The following route will be detoured: # C21.
Sunday August 22
From 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., the Ladner Village Market will once again be open, meaning 48th Avenue will be closed. The following route will be detoured: # C86.
For more info…
A reminder to everyone that you can find further detail on these reroutes at the TransLink Alerts page. Or just call Customer Information at 604-953-3333!