ALERT! : More info
Translink Buzzer Blog

The September 2010 Buzzer is now out!

The September 2010 Buzzer is now on board all buses, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express!

This issue focuses on the fall service changes that start September 6. Trolley bus service is back on Granville Street, and we’ve managed to get the whole map of changes into the issue, on top of the entire list of service changes.

There’s also back-to-school info about the U-Pass BC program and Go Card photo sessions.

There’s also a couple of photos from the cupcake celebration on Canada Line’s first anniversary! Also, there’s a quick reminder about our partnership with the Vancouver Aquarium: $2 off admission with a valid transit ticket!

Again, we are happy to have a cover from a local illustrator: this time it’s Joan Gurney. Great work, Joan!

And if you can’t get the Buzzer on the system, you can always read it in PDF form on our website. Visit our Buzzer PDF archives. (Here’s the direct link to the September issue PDF!)

Remember to enter the FareCard contest too! You can win a free FareCard in every issue of the Buzzer: read the issue, then email in your info and the answer to the trivia question by Friday, September 24 at 9 a.m. — we’ll pick a winner from all the correct answers.

Enjoy the latest Buzzer as always! Comments are welcome below.


  • By Elfren Ordanza, August 27, 2010 @ 8:00 pm

    Subject: International Walk to School Week ~ Oct 4-8

    Jhennifer, the part when the new Buzzer paper said that when elementary and high school students – with a GoCard, can ride public transit right, if I’m a high school student and I want to ride the bus:
    Do I just show the bus driver my GoCard?
    Do I show the bus driver my GoCard and my BusPass?

  • By Jacob, August 28, 2010 @ 9:47 am

    Elfren, go card is fine.

  • By Elfren Ordanza, August 28, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

    Thanks for the answer. I get confused whether we use just the GoCard or GoCard with the BusPass. :)

  • By Not Quite (CMBC), August 30, 2010 @ 3:49 pm

    As I am a CMBC Operator, it is my understanding that as per CMBC policy you must present both a Go-card AND a Concession Bus pass if requested by a Transit Employee if you are in any FARE PAID ZONE. Buses, Sea Buses, SkyTrains etc., are ALL FARE PAID ZONES.

  • By Not Quite (CMBC), August 30, 2010 @ 10:28 pm

    Sorry, didn’t read the whole post. Walk to School Week = Go-Card good. But shouldn’t you be WALKING!!! Just kidding.

  • By Elfren Ordanza, September 2, 2010 @ 6:41 pm

    @Not Quite: Oh wow JOKES !!! :D

  • By Medical Office, January 29, 2012 @ 6:34 am

    wonderful blog post and keep it up

    Medical Office

Other Links to this Post

  1. Anonymous — August 27, 2010 @ 10:15 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Please read our Participation Guidelines before you comment.