Reporting from the Canadian Urban Transit Association 2010 fall conference!

Just a quick heads up that I’m at the Canadian Urban Transit Association 2010 fall conference this week!

TransLink is hosting the conference at the Westin Bayshore in downtown Vancouver, and there are hundreds of transit professionals from all across Canada in attendance.

I’ll be popping into a few sessions and writing about them this week, plus hopefully a few technical tours! I’m also giving a few presentations on Wednesday about TransLink and its use of social media, so just be aware that I might be less handy to answer your questions on that day. I’ll also hopefully have some notes from those sessions to share.

So just stay tuned and I’ll see what tidbits I can dredge up along the way :) Also, iif you’re interested in similar conference and transit industry coverage, check out my notes from the American Public Transit Association 2010 Rail conference earlier this year.

• By Eric B, November 15, 2010 @ 10:56 am

I heard the Trans-Expo (on Tuesday) is open to the public. I can’t find anything on CUTA’s site, though. Can you confirm if it is?

• By Brandon, November 15, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

JEALOUS

• By Jhenifer Pabillano - Buzzer Editor, November 15, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

Eric B: Sadly, I don’t think the Trans-Expo isn’t open to the public! I asked my TransLink colleagues working with CUTA and they have said it isn’t.

Brandon: Worry not. I’m going to write about it in detail and it’ll be LIKE you were there :)

• By Eugene T.S. Wong, November 16, 2010 @ 10:18 am

Trans-Expo was free, several years ago. Maybe I took too many of those brochures and free pens. ;^)

Them: “Hi. Who do you work with?”
    Me: “Nobody. I’m unemployed. Can I have that?”
    Them: “So, you’re a planner?”
    Me: “Nope. Hey! Nice pictures. Can I have that, too?”

;^P

Go to the next table, and repeat. lol

Honestly, I wasn’t so bad, but I took a bunch of brochures, thinking that they would come in handy for any advocacy work, but they didn’t. I felt guilty when I had to clear them out, because they became clutter.

I actually still have some mints that I got from them, that I still eat every now and then. :^D

• By Brandon, November 16, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

Haha. Thank you!

1. Tweets that mention The Buzzer blog » Reporting from the Canadian Urban Transit Association 2010 fall conference! -- Topsy.com — November 17, 2010 @ 6:09 am

2. online piano lessons — May 6, 2011 @ 6:09 am