Our regular winter bus service adjustment is coming soon! Starting December 13, 2010, some bus service will be changed to improve efficiency and productivity on high-demand routes.
Make sure to check the full list of transit service changes to see if your route is affected. Here are some of the major highlights as well:
- Increased service during different periods on the 2, 16, 49, 100, 410, 620, 791 and more
- The 32 Dunbar/Downtown will now serve all local stops between Macdonald/4th Ave. and the Burrard Street Bridge, to relieve congestion along this corridor.
- The C28 Coquitlam Stn./Port Moody Stn. will use conventional buses instead of shuttles during morning and evening rush periods, to address capacity.
- For the 99 B-Line, selected eastbound Monday to Friday morning deadhead trips will be converted into full-service trips, in response to morning capacity issues. (This will be at the discretion of the transit supervisors based on the day’s conditions.)
- The 125 BCIT will get its own bay at Patterson Station (woo!)
- Various other routes have some reductions in service, with slightly less trips in the early morning, midday, or super late at night. It’s hard to summarize them all in a pithy way though, so please have a look at the the full list and make sure you know if your route is affected.
Again, we adjust bus service like this four times a year, reflecting major passenger ebbs and flows in April, June, September, and December! Look out for the next set of changes in April 2011, and please pass this along to anyone who might find this useful.
And of course, feel free to ask questions—I will try my best to get you answers!