Friday fun poll: super great days on transit

These guys are having a great time on transit :)

Sometimes, you hop out the door to start your transit trip and everything seems to just line up. You grab your bus, get a seat, the bus driver is super friendly — and then you make your connection without a hitch and get to your destination early! Certainly, it’s not every day, but from experience, I do know it happens from time to time. So how often does it happen to you?

When do you find you have a great transit day?

• Once a week (33%, 43 Votes)
  • Every day! (21%, 28 Votes)
  • Once a month (21%, 28 Votes)
  • Once every quarter (13%, 17 Votes)
  • Never :( (7%, 9 Votes)
  • Once a year (5%, 6 Votes)

Total Voters: 131

Feel free to declare your best ever transit day in the comments, too :)

• By Nicholas, March 11, 2011 @ 6:39 pm

I don’t usually get happy transit days on the weekends, but this one time I didn’t have to wait a minute. The first bus arrived on time, I had 1 minute left before the Canada Line left, the second bus came just as I emerged from the underground station and my final transfer was swift. I was meeting up with friends and I was surprised by how quick that was!

• By Meraki, March 11, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

There should have been an option between every day and once a week. I’d say I get maybe two or three trips a week where everything works out perfectly.

• By scottclayton, March 11, 2011 @ 8:37 pm

2.37 times per week on average, but I just put once per week in this poll.

• By Jacob, March 11, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

I am happy by thinking happy thoughts. When Im on the skytrain, I pretend I’m falling, cause it looks as if we’re going to fall. When I’m on the bus, I just be exited. I don’t know what it is, but the bus just makes me happy.

• By Hilary, March 12, 2011 @ 8:57 am

I go places on transit about twice a week in most cases, and I can’t really say I have perfect transit days every other time, so I picked “once a month” even though I think it’s a little more frequent than that.

• By John Qi, March 12, 2011 @ 5:40 pm

I just had a good day on transit, talking to two bus drivers about EVs, Ship/Freight vs Electric Scooter engine efficiencies, oil prices at Libya, huge responsibility of bus drivers… Yeah good day “on transit”, waiting for the #10

• By Alex Stormhall, March 13, 2011 @ 10:11 am

One good trip that always puts a smile to my face is taking a 351 on the highway portion between Bridgeport Station and South Surrey Park and Ride during a sunset. Around 5pm sitting on the left (driver’s) side on a Bridgeport Station trip, you get a beautiful sunset view on the freeway, along with a nice cushy suburban bus ride!

• By Ric, March 17, 2011 @ 2:56 pm

It happens to me often. Just on a recent trip on the 301 Newton Exchange, I dropped my monthly fare card on the bus and didn’t realize I had dropped it.

Since the 301 that I dropped my fare card on was the first 301 that left Brighouse Stn for the day and it was also the station that I boarded the bus at, there were not a lot of people that boarded that bus.

When the driver was doing the walk through, they found the fare card. Since I got off at Newton Exchange, the last stop for the 301, the driver had a felling the pass was mine.

When the bus finished its layover at Newton Exchange and was starting its second trip back to Brighouse Station, I was still wait for my transfer bus at Newton Exchange. Since I was waiting for the 341 Langley Center, the 301 Brighouse Station and 341 Langley Center use the same stop the driver of the 301 told me that I had dropped my fare card on the bus and gave it back to me.

I didn’t even realize that I had dropped it. What a great driver!!

• By b cameron, September 9, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

I have lots of super days on transit on my days off from work; I don’t take transit when I’m working.

1. The Buzzer blog » Fun poll results: 75% report a great day on transit once a month or even more frequently! — March 18, 2011 @ 2:22 pm