Here’s another post for the The Facts Matter!
This post showcases a few regional projects, where in addition to transit, TransLink has contributed to infrastructure, cycling and roads.
This week is the North Shore, the Northeast Sector, Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows.
Take a look at just some of the investments from 2012-2015 in these areas.
- Improving bike route on St. Andrews Ave (Esplanade to 23 St.) – $13,000
- Traffic signal improvements (Mount Seymour Pkwy. at Broadview Dr.) – $75,000
- Improvements to the Spirit Trail (Marine Dr./Orchill Rd. to Gleneagles Elementary) – $125,000
Northeast Sector, Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows
- Building a multi-use pathway on 128 Ave. (210 St. to Laity St. and 216 St. to 222 St.)– $1,282,560
- Intersection improvements (Shaughnessy St. and Fraser Ave.) – $50,000
- Seismic upgrades to the Moody St. Overpass – $332,640
Each municipality has their own fact sheet and you can see what’s been done in, and being planned for, your community’s future.
Head to The Facts Matter page to find out more ways TransLink has has contributed to transit, roads and cycling.
Author: Laura Tennant