On June 1, another 50,000 students say good bye to the paper U-Pass BC and hello to Compass.
Students from BCIT, Langara, SFU and UBC will start using Compass Cards to travel across Metro Vancouver—and never have to line up for a paper pass again.
Compass Card for U-Pass BC – same program, better process
With the Compass system:
- Students still get all-zone transit across Metro Vancouver and discounted West Coast Express fares
- No more waiting in line for a paper pass, students can now request their U-Pass BC online each month at upassbc.translink.ca
- Unlike paper passes, Compass for U-Pass BC helps deter fraud because cards can be unlinked if lost or stolen
Loading is easy peasy
Check out this video for all the steps!
Please tap in and tap out
- Students must tap in and tap out every time they enter or exit a bus or station, including when they transfer
- Tapping in and out provides important anonymous ridership data, so resources are placed where they’re needed most
U-Pass BC and West Coast Express
- Students without a Compass Card should use standard traditional WCE products for the month of June
- Those with a Compass Card need to load their U-Pass BC onto their Compass Card.
- To have a U-Pass BC WCE Add-On loaded onto their Compass Card, visit the WCE Office or call Compass Customer Service 604.398.2042.
- Students need to tap once they’ve loaded their WCE Monthly Pass onto their Compass Card. Until then, U-Pass BC students do not need to tap in and out on West Coast Express.
The next students to get Compass Cards are from Capilano and VCC.
Once they’re tapping on July 1, all schools will be fully converted to Compass.