Beyond getting you from Point A to Point B, our job is to make sure that you’re safe on the system.
In the video above, BCRTC President Vivienne King and TransLink spokesperson Jennifer Morland discuss some safety tips and tools you can use while on SkyTrain.
Here are Vivienne’s top tips for staying safe while riding the rails:
- Please don’t run for your train! There will be another one along in just a few minutes.
- Hold on! The SkyTrain is a moving vehicle. If standing, hold on to the stanchions to avoid injury.
- Press the yellow strip under the window – it’s a silent alarm that will alert staff. The red button with the speaker by the door will put you in touch with SkyTrain control.
- At stations, seek out the Designated Waiting Area on the platform – CCTV, brighter lighting and an emergency phone are located in these areas.
- DO NOT EXIT a stopped train between stations. You are putting yourself in danger of electrocution.
- Always stay behind the yellow line on platforms. Even if you drop something!
- Remember! SkyTrain attendants are at each station and are there to help you.
For more information on safety and security across the TransLink network,
visit our Rider Guide.
Author: Adrienne Coling