Have you ever lost something on transit?
It can be a panicked and stressful situation, but staff across the system make sure your lost umbrellas, dropped gloves and forgotten text books get to one, amazing place: the Lost Property Office!
This is where all lost items found on transit have a temporary home until the rightful owners can claim them.
DID YOU KNOW??
Lost Property receives upwards of 5,000 umbrellas a year!
Starting January 7, 2017, the Lost Property department will open for four hours (12 p.m. – 4 p.m.) each Saturday to better assist our customers.
These hours will run as part of a three-month trial.
Lost an item on transit? Have no fear! Follow these Lost Property tips!
- Figure out where you lost your item ie. West Coast Express, Langley Community Shuttle, etc. The phone numbers for each Lost Property are below.
- Give the correct contact a call during business hours (Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.).
- Have all the details ready including date/time the item was lost, the route the item was lost on, the description of the item lost as well as all your contact information.
- Fill out the online form that can be completed at anytime that will send a report directly to the office.
**Please note** It can take up to two business days for items to arrive in the Lost Property office and lost bicycles are taken in once a week, each Thursday.
- Main Lost Property Office
Stadium–Chinatown SkyTrain Station
- West Vancouver Blue Bus Lost Property
- West Coast Express Lost Property
- Langley and New Westminster Community Shuttles Lost Property
Author: Adrienne Coling