Welcome back buzzer readers to the first Spring Service Changes post of Bus Route Buzz!
Today we’re taking a look at some of the changes coming to Tri-Cities routes plus a seasonal favourite returning for the highly anticipated summer weather!
We heard you!
There have been instances of overcrowding and pass ups on a few routes in the Tri-Cities since the opening of Evergreen Extension.
We have been monitoring these routes closely and taking your feedback via social media, feedback forms and community events very seriously. Thank you for being a part of the conversation and helping us deliver the best service possible!
Our planning department has assessed the issues and have made changes to better serve the riders of these areas.
153 Braid Station/Coquitlam Central Station
- We’re adding more service during peak periods to reduce crowding and pass ups.
- Service every 12-14 minutes from 6-9 a.m. and from 3-6 p.m.
180 Lougheed Station/Moody Centre Station
- We heard you. We’re adding more service to improve mid-day travel and reduce crowding and pass ups.
- Service runs every 15 minutes from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
182 Moody Centre Station/Belcarra
- Improve weekday service to every 30 minutes, up from every 60 minutes, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Customers will have access to more mid-day trips with less wait times and crowding.
184 Noons Creek/Moody Centre Station
- We’ve added one additional westbound weekday trip to meet the 6:15 a.m. West Coast Express train at Moody Centre Station.
150 White Pine Beach/Coquitlam Central Station
Travelling to White Pine Beach? Get your swim trunks ready because the 150 White Pine Beach/Coquitlam Central Station is back!
- The 150 operates every 60 minutes from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- May 6-June 9: weekend and holiday service only.
- June 10-Sept 4 (including Labour Day): daily service!
- Customers will benefit from direct service to Coquitlam Station, Newport Village and White Pine Beach.
Author: Adrienne Coling