While the calendar says today is Valentine’s Day, here at TransLink, it’s just one of our two annual celebrations of love. Our annual I Love Transit week shares interesting stories celebrating our riders, transit enthusiasts and generally all the things we love about transit! From Rodney and Darci tapping onto the SkyTrain en route to their nuptuals, to Nina and Jarred getting married on a TransLink bus, and Meghan and Steve unexpectedly finding love on transit, it’s no surprise that this busy and bustling public space ignites so many connections.
Let’s take a stroll down memory lane and check out these and some of the other amazing love stories that started on our system:
- Nina and Jarred: married on a bus
- Jeff and Nathaly: married on SkyTrain
- Rebekah Mahaffey on finding love on transit
- Meghan and Steve, who also found love on transit
- Rodney and Darci tapping onto the SkyTrain en route to their nuptuals
- A 351 love story followed by their 351 wedding!
- From the February 15, 2008 print Buzzer: a couple takes their wedding photos on transit!
- Two love stories sent in via comments in 2011
Love knows no bounds and can happen when we least expect it — don’t believe me? Just check out the pages of pages of I Saw You ads in the Georgia Straight, with sightings on all of our transit modes!
- I Saw You ads looking for love on SkyTrain
- I Saw You ads looking for love on the bus
- I Saw You ads looking for love on the SeaBus
And let’s not forget about your love for us!
— Michael Coulson (@MileagePhoto) 14 February 2018
@CstJPonsioen For you and all the other Transit officers who work diligently to keep our transit system safe for everyone – thank you and Happy Heart’s Day. This is my photograph of an art installation in False Creek on a foggy day in January. @TransLink FYI – great officers. pic.twitter.com/PfsK4lFVJH
— Wendy ?? (@perfectrose2011) 14 February 2018
@TransLink Just wanted to shoot you a quick thank you message, CK. Thank you for being there to help on such a rough morning! Hopefully nothing goes wrong today and your day is a breeze. Happy Valentine’s Day! Customer Service is hard but thank you so much for everything.
— Ashleen ? (@xBlissfuIIy) 14 February 2018
Roses are red, violets are blue, our weather is warm, like our love for you ? pic.twitter.com/ORomkiLw46
— TransLink (@TransLinkSEQ) 14 February 2018
Have a transit love story to share? Let us know in the comments, or send us an email to email@example.com
Author: Sarah Kertcher