Fall is here, and despite the rain, it’s still a great time to get out on your bike! Once again, we’ve joined up with our favourite cycling partners to help celebrate Fall Bike to Work Week from October 29 – November 4.
Bike to Work week is a community event to celebrate bike commuting across Metro Vancouver. This annual event is coordinated by HUB and aims to encourage commuters to try out two wheels instead of four and go green for a change to win some amazing prizes!
How it works
1. Register for Bike to Work Week (taking place October 29-November 4). Start a team, join a team or register as a solo rider. If you registered between 2014-2017, you do not need to re-register – simply login and log a trip after September 1st to be considered a fall participant.
2. Encourage your colleagues to join your team to win great prizes!
3. Log your trips to be entered to win amazing prizes. Each day you log your commute you’ll be entered to win the daily giveaway for bikes, gear, and more! Participants who log a trip during Bike to Work Week will also be eligible to win a trip for two to cycle in Sicily! You can log trips by mapping your journey or entering your total KM’s cycled.
4. Check out the Celebration Station Map to find out where you can stop for free snacks, free mechanic services and more prize draws throughout the week.
5. Consider becoming a member of HUB Cycling to support cycling improvements and bike education around the region.
This year, dozens of Celebration Stations will be set up across Metro Vancouver during Bike to Work Week. You an catch us at the Metrotown Station Celebration Station October 29 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., where we’ll have a bus-bike-rack for you to try out and a change at some awesome prizes!
Join Bike to Work Week conversations and connect with the cycling community online!
Author: Sarah Kertcher