Sailings to occur every 15-minutes during peak hours
Beginning Monday, weekday SeaBus departures will occur every 15 minutes between 7:00 and 9:30 a.m. and between 3:00 and 6:30 p.m. This boost from sailings occurring every 30-minutes will help to accommodate demand and provide more space for customers during peak hours. Demand is expected to continue increasing as B.C.’s economy re-opens and as British Columbians undertake more travel within the province this summer.
TransLink’s Safe Operating Action Plan has also implemented the following measures to increase safety for SeaBus customers:
- Reduced SeaBus maximum capacity to 50 per cent
- Enhanced cleaning protocols by using a disinfectant fog twice per week in addition to daily cleaning schedules
- Hand sanitizer dispensers introduced in both SeaBus terminals
- Decals and signage installed asking customers to keep physical distance and wash their hands in the terminal washrooms before boarding
- New boarding procedure to promote physical distancing during busy periods by preventing customers from lining up in middle loading ramps
- Asking customers to wear masks while on board and waiting for the SeaBus
Weekday SeaBus boardings have nearly tripled since the pandemic’s low point in early April. However, weekday SeaBus boardings remain less than 25 per cent of the levels they were at last year.
TransLink will continue to monitor ridership throughout the system and make service adjustments as necessary to provide as much space as possible for customers.