I Love Transit Night!

After much searching, we’ve found a venue for I Love Transit Night! This year, it will be on July 14 at Bamboo Cafe across the street from the Joyce-Collingwood SkyTrain station. It’s a laid back place that’s popular in the community and ideal for fun transit games and mingling for the like-minded.

The night is part of I Love Transit Week taking place July 11-15! This is a week to celebrate what we love about transit.

Bamboo Cafe

Bamboo Cafe, just outside of Joyce-Collingwood SkyTrain Station

There will be some food (you’ll be responsible for your own drinks), fun, games and prizes during I Love Transit Night. Transit fans of all ages are welcome, and we expect to have a bus on hand to play games (more on that very soon). Tell your friends. It’s going to be great! Here’s the info:

I Love Transit Night: Bamboo Cafe, Vancouver

Come join us from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday July 14!

Edit: If you’d like to take a free bus trip to the event from Metrotown Station leaving around 5:30 p.m., see all the details here!

Bamboo Cafe is located at 5103 Joyce Street, across the street from the Joyce-Collingwood SkyTrain Station on the Expo/Millennium Line. Here’s a Google Map for directions!

We’ll provide the food, and you’ll be responsible for your own drinks. I’m organizing games with will start shortly after 6 p.m. Some TransLink staff from different department will be joining me so come on by and have some fun and food with us!

Send in an RSVP!

If you are planning on coming, please send me your RSVP so I can get a good idea of the numbers. It’ll help with ordering food as well.

• By ;-), June 30, 2011 @ 7:28 pm

I think we had over 100 people show up at last year’s New Westminster site…. expect crush loads for this event, especially when the free food comes out. The wings were delish!

• By Derek Cheung CMBC, July 1, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

Will there be any new transit buttons created for this iteration of I Love Transit week?

• By Daniel, July 1, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Awesome! i live near joyce! definately goin!

• By Eugene T.S. Wong, July 2, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

Is it too late to change the location? I would like to see a more central location. Vancouver is quite far to the west of the regional district.

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, July 4, 2011 @ 7:59 am

Hi Eugene:

I tried to find a location that wasn’t too far West like on Commercial Drive (location for the first I Love Transit Night) and could accommodate all our needs. Hopefully you make it !

• By Ernest, July 4, 2011 @ 9:52 am

Ah…. Couldn’t make it this year….. Maybe next time :)

• By Bessie, July 5, 2011 @ 11:18 pm

Joyce the Bamboo cafe! I will come too!!

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, July 6, 2011 @ 8:52 am

Hi Derek: No new buttons, but I have a different item I have planned for the event!

• By shane grover, July 7, 2011 @ 11:04 am

yes i will be comming to the event looking forward to it

• By Jane, July 11, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

I RSVPed several days ago but didn’t get any reply. Does that mean I’m put on the list already?

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, July 12, 2011 @ 7:51 am

Hi Jane, Shane, Bessie, Eugene: I’ve got you all on the list! Thanks for the RSVP.

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, July 12, 2011 @ 9:28 am

;-): Will I see you on Thursday?

• By CJ Stebbing, July 12, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

food?! free?! Those words together make me want to come :p. i’ll see if i can make it :)

• By sara, July 14, 2011 @ 11:06 am

Neat! Are there going to be any Vegan options?

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, July 14, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

Hi Sara: Yes, I’ve ordered some vegetables and fruit for everyone. There is also edamame on the menu for people to order.

1. The Buzzer blog » Reminder: Call for Submissions for I Love Transit Week, July 11 – 15 — July 4, 2011 @ 8:48 am

2. The Buzzer blog » A Bus for I Love Transit Night! — July 11, 2011 @ 8:06 am

3. This Week’s Events – July 11 to 17 | The Outright Dragon — July 11, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

4. The Buzzer blog » I Love Transit Week 2011: why Gordon Price loves transit — July 12, 2011 @ 8:39 am

5. The Buzzer blog » I Love Transit Week 2011: photos, models, testimonials, a haiku and more! — July 13, 2011 @ 11:54 am