As you might have read in the June Buzzer, the June 2011 bus service changes are taking place on Monday, June 20, as part of a year-long TransLink service optimization project, aimed at making sure we’re using our transit resources efficiently and effectively.
There are not as many changes to routes as last April, and the overall amount of service hours won’t change. Many more customers will see service increase rather than service reductions. Some notable changes include:
- 19 Stanley Park/Metrotown Station *SEASONAL* Mon to Fri 8am–9pm and weekends/holidays 8am–7pm: additional trips between downtown Vancouver (Cambie at Pender) and Stanley Park.
- 99 B-Line UBC/Commercial-Broadway Station *PERMANENT* Sat/Sun and holidays: more frequent service from 7-8am.
- 292 Upper Lynn Valley *PERMANENT* Mon to Fri: All 292 routes will now run as 210 routes and all 290 routes will run as 211 routes with combined service every 7-8 minutes between downtown Vancouver and Phibbs Exchange during the pm peak.
- 239 Capilano University/Park Royal *PERMANENT* Mon to Sun: Evening service on the 239 will be increased to every 15 minutes until 9pm. All trips will serve Capilano University.
- 246 Lonsdale Quay/Highland/Vancouver *PERMANENT* All trips on the 246 will operate to and from downtown Vancouver. Park Royal-bound passengers on the 246 will transfer to the 239 and/or 255 on Marine Drive at Garden Road. Service after 7pm will be revised to operate every 60 minutes.
- Newton Exchange Bays 2 and 3 *PERMANENT* Bus assignments will be switched between Newton Exchange Bays 2 and 3. Board the 301 Richmond-Brighouse Station and 341 Langley Centre at Bay 2; board the 321 Surrey Central Station at Bay 3.
- West Coast Express TrainBus *PERMANENT* Mon-Fri: Some TrainBus trips will terminate at Port Haney Station and no longer extend to Mission. Sat/Sun/holidays: No TrainBus service. The 701 Maple Ridge East/Haney Place/Coquitlam Stn provides frequent local bus service plus connections for downtown Vancouver via Coquitlam Station.
Read the full list of service changes here. Stay tuned for an interview on this blog with one of our service planners for a more in-depth look into why these changes were made.