Welcome to I Love Transit Week 2013, everyone! Yep—it’s the one week we take out of the year to celebrate what we love about transit!
From August 5-9, 2013, your favourite transit blog will be serving up great interviews, essays, and rider submissions sharing all your transit love.
As usual, we’ll have also contests and prizes to thank you for riding transit! This year, we’re giving away five monthly Farecards, and one $100 MEC gift card. Here’s how you can win with us this week.
Enter to win a $100 MEC gift card
To enter to win the MEC gift card, register at travelsmart.ca with promo code ilovetransit and pledge to take one less car trip per week! You can actually enter for the entire month of August: the winner will be drawn and announced by Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
Colour to win one of two FareCards
You can also enter this contest for the entire month of August, We’ll do two draws for FareCards on Aug 30: one for kids aged 13 and under, and another draw for everyone else. Winners announced on the blog and newsletter!
Tweet, Instagram, or comment to enter three draws for FareCards this week
Our Twitter winner is @bonchance2010!
— Bonchance! (@bonchance2010) August 9, 2013
Our Instagram winner is danceswithpucks, who submitted the following photo with the caption “@translinkbc #ilovetransit because I can relax and enjoy the scenery without stressing over driving.”
Our blog winner is Ann, who wrote a simple “I love transit because it is efficient.” It is!
Congrats to all our winners!
To win one of three FareCards from August 5-9, just enter through Twitter, Instagram, or right here on the blog.
We’ll do one FareCard draw per channel at 1 p.m. on Friday, August 9, 2013!
Enter through Twitter
- Log on to Twitter and send a tweet to the TransLink Twitter account that includes and completes this sentence: “@translink #ilovetransit because….”
- An acceptable entry (on many levels): “@translink #ilovetransit because The Buzzer is a publication of unparalleled quality”
- But this is NOT acceptable as it has no hashtag: “@translink i love transit!”
- This is also NOT acceptable, because it doesn’t include the right hashtag: “@translink #iluvtransit because I like sitting in the captain’s seat on SkyTrain!”
Enter through Instagram
Enter through the Buzzer blog
- Leave a comment on this post that completes the sentence: “I love transit because…”
Rules and answers for the online FareCard draws
- One entry per person per day for each channel. Yes, you can enter up to five times per channel!
- All entries should follow our participation guidelines.
- The FareCard will be for one, two, or three zones, depending on where the winner travels.
- We’re going to do the random draws on Friday, August 9, 2013, at 1 p.m. for each channel. We’ll announce the winners on the blog, Twitter, and Instagram!
- To be fair to everyone, one person cannot win all three draws. So, if we draw your name for one of the channels, you will be excluded from the other two FareCard draws.
- For pros: if you set your Instagram photo to also tweet out via Twitter and include @translink AND @translinkbc somewhere in your caption, you can enter both the Twitter contest AND Instagram contest through just one photo. Sweet!
Good luck everyone!