The Evergreen Extension to the Millennium Line is opening December 2, 2016!
We’re so excited that our riders across the Tri-Cities will soon have more frequent transit options and be able to seamlessly connect to the Metro Vancouver transit network!
It’s also an important milestone for the entire system because once Evergreen opens, SkyTrain will be the longest, fully automated, driverless rapid transit system in the world!
Now that construction has finished, TransLink will take control over the operation of everything Evergreen.
Right now, we’re focused on ensuring a smooth transition for our customers and we continue to get ready behind the scenes. On the customer end, you will start seeing platform posters and ads, transit advertising, digital, newspaper and radio ads, plus a video that will play on the system and in the media.
To do that, we are testing the extension, planning the grand opening and preparing for the extensive bus integration that will take place after Evergreen opens.
We know you have tons of questions about bus service changes and we will have all that info for you later this month once the changes are finalized.
Here are some resources for you leading up to, and after, the opening:
- Starting on November 28, you can head to our Trip Planner to help you map out your route with new travel information.
- If you want to use Trip Planner, be sure to choose the specific date on which you want to travel.
- First train departs at 12p.m. on December 2 and a community celebration is planned at Coquitlam Centre – watch the blog for details soon!
- Bus service changes will begin to take effect on December 19.
- From November 21 to December 22, you’ll see our outreach teams all across the system. These wonderful people are virtual Evergreen encyclopedias and can answer your questions and help riders understand how the bus changes affect their transit trips.
You can learn more by visiting translink.ca/evergreen for more information.
For more information about bus travel once the Evergreen Extension opens, head to translink.ca/servicechanges on November 28.
Author: Adrienne Coling