Each month we bring you a different illustration on the cover of the Buzzer and this time, we had the privilege of working with Katie So for the June 2014 issue! If you haven’t seen it, be sure to check out the PDF or the Buzzer post.
She graciously took time out of her busy schedule to answer a few questions for us:
1. Who is Katie So? Katie is an illustrator and cartoonist from Vancouver.
2. How did you come up with your illustration for the Buzzer?
I was inspired by trips to the beach, and how everyone looks so nice in their summer outfits.
3. Do you take transit? If so, what’s your favourite mode?
I like the Canada Line because it’s clean and efficient.
4. What’s your favourite colour and why?
Right now, I really like pinks and reds because roses and peonies are in bloom.
5. Peer into your crystal ball, and tell us what you see for yourself in the future.
I hope to be sitting on the beach, suntanning and reading a book.
Thanks for your time Katie and a wonderful illustration!
Author: Allen Tung