We celebrate Canada’s 147th birthday next Tuesday!
SkyTrain, SeaBus, and bus will all be running on a Sunday/holiday schedule, but TransLink will be extending services to help get customers get where they need to go.
Customers are advised to check their route before they go and remember, it’s a one-zone fare to travel across all zones!
Service returns to regular weekday schedules for all modes on Wednesday, July 2.
Bus services will operate Sunday/holiday hours and service, except as noted:
- Customers going to the Canada Day event in Cloverdale can take the 320 at Surrey Central Bay 2; 12 additional shuttles will leave Cloverdale following the fireworks.
- “Saturday” late night trips will operate for the 319, 320 and 321 to connect with the last train from Waterfront to King George.
- To accommodate Canada Day festivities across the region, there will be increased frequency or minor detours on some routes, including multiple routes in downtown Vancouver and the 135, 160, 209, 210, 211, 240, 246, 250, 250A, 257, 320, C43 and C47.
Canada Line will operate Sunday/holiday hours and service, plus:
- “Rush-hour” service will begin in the afternoon, with every available train in service after the fireworks in downtown Vancouver to clear people out of the area as quickly as possible.
- The last Canada Line train will leave Waterfront for Richmond-Brighouse at 1:15 a.m.
Expo and Millennium lines will operate Sunday/holiday hours and service, plus:
- Sunday/holiday start time of 7:08 a.m. from King George, 7:15 a.m. from Lougheed and 7:50 a.m. from Waterfront. The last train will leave from Waterfront at 1:16 a.m. and arrive at King George at 1:55 a.m.
- Trains will run more frequently starting mid-afternoon.
SeaBus will provide extra and extended service:
- First sailing: Lonsdale Quay at 8:02 a.m. and Waterfront at 8:16 a.m.
- Last sailing: Leaves Waterfront at 1:22 a.m.
- Services will operate every 30 minutes from 8:00 to 10:15 a.m., every 15 minutes from 10:15 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. and every 30 minutes from 11:30 p.m. to the last sailing at 1:22 a.m.
West Coast Express and TrainBus service will not operate. AirCare Inspection Centres will also be closed.
Need more help?
To make sure you get where you need to go on time, you can plan your trip with our Trip Planner. You can also call Customer Information at 604.953.3333 or tweet them @TransLink, 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Have a happy Canada Day, everyone!
Author: Allen Tung