That’s right, folks. The Buzzzzzz is back.
We know y’all are hitting the beach this summer, and we’re making sure you can get there!
Summer service changes are happening on June 26, meaning more trips to the beach and fun summer destinations and a lot of other great improvements. Many of these improvements are courtesy of the 10-Year Vision – bringing approximately $2 billion in investments in transit and transportation in Metro Vancouver.
Let’s check out the seasonal changes taking place.
19 Metrotown Station/Stanley Park (Seasonal)
- Extra trips between Downtown Vancouver and Stanley Park to accommodate increased summer demand. Extra trips will run from West Pender and Cambie streets to Stanley Park Loop.
- Saturday and Sunday service operates every 5-6 minutes from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
C19 Alma/Spanish Banks (Seasonal)
- Seasonal weekend-only service between Alma and Spanish Banks Beach returns for the summer!
- The C19 runs every 30 minutes weekends and holidays from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. until September 4.
C52 Seaside/White Rock Centre (Seasonal)
- The C52 will run every 30 minutes or better, (up from every hour) on evenings and weekends to accommodate the busy summer season.
Increased service will provide more frequent trips from White Rock Centre to the beach, seven days a week.
179 Buntzen Lake/Coquitlam Central Station (Seasonal) – NEW NAME
- Beginning, July 1, weekend/holiday service between Buntzen Lake and Coquitlam Station operates every 60 minutes from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
This route has a new number. Previously, it operated as an extension of the C26.
227 Lynn Valley Centre (Seasonal)
- Increased summer transit service between Lynn Valley Centre and Lynn Canyon Park on weekends and holidays, from July 1 to September 4.
- This one-way extra service departs Lynn Valley Centre every 12-18 minutes, up from 30 minutes, travelling to Lynn Canyon Park and then back again via Ross Road.
Keep your eyes peeled on the blog to see a whole month of Bus Route Buzz, and an appearance from one of our favourite TransLink planners, #DenisThePlanner!
Author: Jessica Hewitt