Hey Vancouver! This September, why not save some fuel and take the bus to school?! In addition to regular seasonal bus changes, we’re adding more service to reduce crowding on the 25 Brentwood Station/UBC, 49 Metrotown Station/UBC and 84 VCC-Clark Station/UBC.
We’re adding service on these east-west bus routes to get you across the city during the busiest times of the day. It’s all part of the biggest bus service expansion in nearly a decade!
Starting Monday, September 4, customers will benefit from the following improvements:
25 Brentwood Station/UBC
- We’re increasing frequency to reduce overcrowding on weekday mornings, afternoons, evenings and on Saturday mornings and evenings.
Every 8 minutes from 6 a.m.-7 a.m.
Every 4 minutes from 7 a.m.-9 a.m.
Every 8 minutes from 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Every 6 minutes from 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
Every 8 minutes from 6 p.m.-7 p.m.
Every 10 minutes from 8 a.m.-9 a.m.
Every 12 minutes from 7 p.m.-8 p.m.
49 Metrotown Station/UBC
- We’re increasing frequency all day long during the week to reduce overcrowding.
- Customers will benefit from one to two additional trips per hour from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
84 VCC-Clark Station/UBC
- We’re increasing frequency during weekday rush hour to reduce overcrowding.
- Customers will benefit from an additional trip per hour during morning and afternoon rush periods.
Please note: There are also seasonal changes to these routes. Visit translink.ca and use the Trip Planner to plan your route.
Signage will be up across the system to let our customers know that increased frequency is coming to these routes.
These changes are a part of our regular, seasonal service changes that occur four times each year in April, June, September and December to bring more service to more people with the resources available.
Fall service changes start Monday, September 4. Learn more about bus improvements at translink.ca/servicechanges.
Author: Sarah Kertcher