As part of keeping our system in a state of good repair, we are replacing 5,000 linear metres of running rail at four main locations close to Metrotown, Main Street–Science World, Stadium–Chinatown and Waterfront stations.
Replacement work is currently taking place in the Main Street–Science World area, resulting in modified evening SkyTrain service. The affected dates and times are:
- Tuesday, September 12 to Thursday, September 14 (from 9:30 p.m. until the end of service) *Due to a Vancouver Whitecaps game, work will be delayed until approximately 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 13.
- Friday, September 15 and Saturday, September 16 (from 11:30 p.m. until the end of service)
- Sunday, September 17 to Thursday, September 21 (from 9:30 p.m. until the end of service)
- Saturday, September 23 (from
11:30 p.m.10:30 p.m. until the end of service)
- Sunday, September 24 (from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m.)
Wednesday, September 27 (from 9:30 p.m. until the end of service)*CANCELLED*
- Thursday, September 28 (from 10:30 p.m. until the end of service)
- Saturday, September 30 (from 10:30 p.m. until the end of service)
- Thursday, October 12 (from 10:30 p.m. until the end of service)
During the affected dates and times, all Expo Line trains will operate between Waterfront and King George stations. Trains will use one track in both directions at Main Street–Science World and Commercial-Broadway stations. Expo Line passengers should allow for 15-20 minutes extra travel time.
Service to Sapperton, Braid, Lougheed Town Centre and Production Way–University stations will be replaced with a special SkyTrain service operating between New Westminster and VCC–Clark (you’ll want to look at the diagram above). Passengers from other stations on the Expo Line can change trains to this service at Commercial – Broadway, New Westminster and Columbia stations.
The Canada Line is unaffected by this work.
Customers are advised to watch destination displays and listen for train destination announcements. We thank you for your patience as we complete this essential work.