Fall is in full force here in Metro Vancouver and we’ve partnered up with our favourite cycling allies to help celebrate Fall Bike to Work Week from October 23 – 29.
Bike to Work week is a great initiative put on by HUB to encourage commuters to get out of their cars and onto their bikes to go green and win prizes!
How to get involved
1. Register for Bike to Work Week (taking place October 23rd-29th). Start a team, join a team or register as a solo rider. If you registered between 2014-2017, you do not need to re-register – simply login and log a trip after September 1st to be considered a fall participant.
2. Encourage your colleagues to join your team to win great prizes!
3. Log your trips to be entered to win more amazing prizes. Each day you log your commute you’ll be entered to win a new bike, and have a chance at the grand prize — a trip for TWO to TUSCANY! You can log trips by mapping your journey or entering your total KMs cycled.
4. Check out the Celebration Station Map to find out where you can stop for free snacks, free mechanic services and more prize draws throughout the week.
5. Consider becoming a member of HUB Cycling to support cycling improvements and bike education around the region.
This year, dozens of Celebration Stations will be set up across Metro Vancouver during Bike to Work Week. We’ll be at the King Edward Station Celebration Station October 25 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., with Transit Police signing people up for the Garage 529 program. You can also find our Community Outreach Bus along with Transit Police at the wrap-up party at the corner of Ontario St. and the Seawall from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. on October 27th.
Join Bike to Work Week conversations and connect with the cycling community online!
Author: Sarah Kertcher