In honour of Remembrance Day, TransLink and its operating companies will once again provide free transit to our many heroes – including Armed Forces, police, fire, ambulance & Coast Guard on Saturday, November 11, 2017
What you need to know:
Free transit is available to eligible members on all services, including HandyDART and Canada Line YVR-AddFare. One accessible fare gate will remain open at all SeaBus and SkyTrain Stations from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Transit will be free all day on buses for Veterans and eligible members. These Veterans and eligible members will not be required to tap their Compass Cards, but we please ask that membership cards are displayed or members appear in uniform when boarding buses or entering a fare-paid zone. West Coast Express will not run on Saturday, November 11 or Monday, November 13.
For the rest of the public, transit is operating on a holiday schedule and you will only need a one-zone fare for travel across the network.
- Buses will operate on a holiday schedule
- SkyTrain will operate on a Saturday schedule and Canada Line will operate on a holiday schedule
- SeaBus will run on a holiday schedule with service running on 15-minute intervals from 8:16 a.m. to 9:16 p.m.
- West Coast Express trains and bus service will not operate Saturday, November 11 or Monday, November 13
- The Compass Customer Service Centre, Lost Property Office, West Cost Express Office and Access Transit Customer Care will be closed on Saturday, November 11 and Monday, November 13
- Compass Customer Service phones at 604.398.2042 will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. (no change from usual service)
Regular weekday service returns to all modes (except West Coast Express) on Monday, November 13.
We will be observing a moment of silence at 11:00am, with all SkyTrain, SeaBus, and buses observing this moment at the stop reached closest to the hour. All TransLink and operating company properties will also fly their flags at half-mast.
Author: Sarah Kertcher