View this post on Instagram
“You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don’t take.” —Wayne Gretzky
Take your shot — enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to either the bronze or gold medal game at the 2019 World Juniors in Vancouver on January 5! Games will be randomly awarded.
We want you to have an epic night out to the bronze or gold medal game. Thanks to our friends at Browns Socialhouse, we’re upping the ante and including a $50 gift card to the restaurant. That means if you’re the winner, you’ll win a $50 gift card from Browns Socialhouse AND pair of tickets to either the bronze or gold medal game!
Canada’s 2-0 to start the tournament, defeating Denmark 14-0 on December 26 and Switzerland 3-2 a day later. Led by Vancouver Canucks prospect Michael DiPietro in goal, Team Canada is favoured to advance to the medal round and play for gold. Fingers crossed! You’ll want to be there when it happens!
How to enter for a chance to win:
- Comment below telling us who you’d take with you to the World Juniors and how you’d get there using transit (1 entry)
- Follow @TransLinkBC and @brownssocialize on Instagram, like this post, and tag three friends who would love to win. Comment below letting us know you did. (1 entry)
- Like TransLink and Browns Socialhouse on Facebook, and leave a comment below letting us know you did. (1 entry)
- Follow @TransLink and @BrownsSocialize on Twitter, and tweet the following: (1 entry) Enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to watch the #WorldJuniors in #Vancouver, courtesy of @TransLink and @HockeyCanada https://buzzer.translink.ca/?p=55122
This means if you do all four actions, you’ll leave four comments below. Don’t forget to make sure your social media accounts are public so we can see your entry. Even if you’ve entered the previous ticket giveaways for the World Juniors, you can still enter — just make sure you leave comments below that you’ve completed the actions.
Also, you’ll want to check out the official contest terms and conditions, but here’s the lowdown:
- The contest for the bronze and gold medal games will open on Friday, December 28, 2018 and all entries must be received by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2019. Late entries will not be considered.
- One entry per method, per person — that means you can enter up to four times in total for this giveaway.
- We’ll contact you via the email you provide in the comments.
Take transit to the World Juniors
The Vancouver games are being played at Rogers Arena, conveniently located steps away from Stadium–Chinatown Station, a stop on SkyTrain’s Expo Line. Use our Trip Planner to find your transit route!
Watching games in Victoria? Take the SkyTrain’s Canada Line to Bridgeport Station and the 620 Tsawwassen Ferry bus will connect you to the terminal where you’ll catch the Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay ferry to Victoria. At Swartz Bay, you’ll want to take the 72 Downtown bus to Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Note: separate fares apply for the ferry and the 72 bus.