We asked you to help us create a strategy for the future of transportation and those of you who live and work in Metro Vancouver have stepped up in a big way!
After three months of engagement, you’ve shared your values, transportation priorities, and ideas for the future – so far over 16,000 surveys and 1,600 ideas have been submitted!
Ideas: 1,600 in total – Here’s what you told us last month
The ideas board is where your vision for the future comes to life.
We’re hearing ideas for improving and expanding transit, how the customer experience can be improved, and which technologies can help people get around the region.
Here are some of the new ideas submitted last month with the most active online conversations:
- City centre, clean air-certified: Following other cities, make downtown a low-emissions zone.
- Pedestrians rule: Make scramble intersections, allowing walkers to cross in every direction.
- Compass Card Café ™: Tap to Pay with merchants in and around stations, quick caffeine for commuting!
- Better biking: Boost bus bike carrying capacity by 50% by adding a rack, and build seamless bikeways along all SkyTrain routes.
- Going east, West Coast Express: Adding a second line, build out to Abbotsford and to Chilliwack.
- Safer, more-informed bus commuting: Add silent alarms to buses and build more real-time next bus indicators at stops.
- Fare deal? Eliminate fares, at least for under 18-year olds.
- Station improvements: Help people queue with painted lines on the floor—and provide more recycling options to reduce waste.
Check out the Transport 2050 Ideas Board – like and comment on existing transportation ideas – or submit your own!
Surveys | 16,000 and counting!
Have you taken our survey? It’s open until September 22.
Surveys submitted by Metro Vancouver municipality and monthly increase in responses
|Municipality||Total submissions||Per cent increase (one month)|
|North Vancouver (City)||625||21%|
|North Vancouver (District)||699||21%|
|Tsawwassen First Nation||8||0%|
|Vancouver (including University Endowment Lands)||5,130||22%|
Engage with us, all summer long!
Come talk to us in person, and share your vision for how you want to get around:
Join TransLink and Transport 2050 at the PNE this summer!
From August 17 to September 2, we’ll be at the PNE Fair with an Expo that will take you on a journey from the past, present and to the future. Double up your savings with Fair Fridays!
On location, in your community
Can’t make it to the PNE? Chances are we’ll be in your backyard this summer. Come say hello to the Outreach Team and get onboard the Transport 2050 Engagement Bus. See when we’ll be in your community.