New Year’s Eve is heavily rooted in tradition, whether it be celebrating at home or a festive night out in the city.
TransLink’s New Year’s Eve tradition dates back 44 years! Free transit is provided for all of Metro Vancouver to ensure everyone in the entire region has access to a safe ride home as we ring in the new year.
From 5 p.m. Tuesday, December 31, 2019 until 5 a.m. Wednesday, January 1, 2020 service across the entire system will be free!
All fare gates will all be open during designated free service hours.
If you tap in before 5 p.m., you must tap out (even if the fare gates are open) on SkyTrain and SeaBus to ensure you’re charged the correct fare.
Remember! Compass Tickets expire at the end of the service day on which they are purchased.
To help keep you moving for the holidays, we will be operating the following modified holiday service over the coming days.
New Year’s Eve – Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- All TransLink transit services are free after 5:00 p.m. on December 31 until 5:00 a.m. on January 1, 2020. SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express service will be free from 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 until the end of service. Starting at 2:00 a.m., all NightBus routes will depart from the NightBus District. Visit our NightBus Schedules page for more information.
- Buses will run on a modified weekday schedule with extended service on some routes. Use the Trip Planner to check your route and bus times.
- We will be extending service on the 96 B-Line, 100, 106, 130, 209, 230, 236, 319, 320, 321, 351, 401, 408, 410, 501, 502, 555, 561, 562, 563, 601 and 701 at night to meet the extended SkyTrain schedule.
- SeaBus will be running modified weekday service. Use Trip Planner to check SeaBus sailing times.
- The last SeaBus sailing from Lonsdale Quay will be at 2:00 a.m. and the last sailing from Waterfront will be at 2:22 a.m. to accommodate New Year’s Eve crowds.
- From 6:40 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., 3 vessels will be in service (subject to staffing).
- West Coast Express regular westbound service with modified eastbound service in the afternoon.
- SkyTrain (Expo, Millennium and Canada Lines) will run on a modified weekday service schedule. Last trains will be approximately one hour later to accommodate New Year’s Eve crowds. See the Last Train Schedule below.
New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Buses will run on a regular Sunday/holiday schedule. Use the Trip Planner to check your route and bus times.
- SeaBus will run on a regular Sunday/holiday schedule.
- SkyTrain (Expo, Millennium and Canada Lines) will run on a regular Sunday/holiday schedule.
- West Coast Express will not operate.
- Lost Property and the Compass Customer Service Centre will be closed.
**Please check the website before travel as times are subject to change.
Author: Sarah Kertcher