We’re increasing bus service on January 6 to improve bus service frequency and reliability where customers need it most! The significant increases in service will add 65,000 more annual bus service hours to the system, making space for up to 20,000 more people each weekday.
Bus service changes happen every spring, summer, fall, and winter to reflect seasonal changes in demand and to deliver service improvements.
RapidBus service launching on January 6:
- R1 King George Blvd (Guildford Exchange/Newton Exchange)
- Eight-minute service during peak hours
- R3 Lougheed Hwy (Coquitlam Central Station/Haney Place)
- 10-minute service during peak hours
- R4 41st Ave (Joyce Station/UBC)
- Three to six-minute service during peak hours
- R5 Hastings St (Burrard Station/SFU)
- Four to five-minute service during peak hours
Outside of peak hours, all RapidBus routes will have 15-minute service or better from 6 a.m. to midnight, sevendays a week. To make the bus system more efficient, there will also be adjustments to some Metro Vancouver bus routes. Key changes include:
- 41 Joyce Station/Crown
- New terminus at Crown Street, instead of UBC Bus Exchange
- 15-minute service during service hours every day
- 43 Joyce Station/UBC
- Service replaced by R4 RapidBus
- 480 UBC/Bridgeport
- Will run peak hours only
- For faster service between Bridgeport and UBC, customers can take the Canada Line and the R4 RapidBus connecting with Oakridge Station
Learn more about how your commute might change at translink.ca/servicechanges.