Our street teams have wrapped up giving away face coverings at SkyTrain stations and bus loops — for now. For those who didn’t get one, we’re giving away a few more on our social media channels!
All you have to do is enter a draw. Keep reading to find out how.
Here at TransLink, we really want to help foster a culture of mask wearing in Metro Vancouver, which is why we launched our “Wearing is caring” campaign. Posters and decals are installed across the transit network promoting the use of face coverings and non-medical masks.
“We want masks to become a regular part of our transit system,” says TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond. “As part of our Safe Operating Action Plan we are recommending customers wear a face covering or mask while on transit or waiting for transit, if they are able to do so. If we can get to a point where most people on transit are wearing a face covering or mask, then it will be a safer experience for everyone.”
Our recommendation is consistent with British Columbia’s approach to mask and face covering use and only applies to customers who are able to wear a face covering.
Importantly, transit customers must still ensure they stay off the system when sick, travel outside of peak times when possible, and maintain high personal hygiene standards. As part of our Safe Operating Action Plan, we’ve increased cleaning and sanitization across all modes, increased transit service levels, and created space where possible on vehicles and platforms.
Here’s how to enter
We have 20 masks in total to give away, spread across customers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and The Buzzer.
To enter the draw, simply complete one or all of the following actions:
- Comment below telling us you’d like to enter the draw. (1 entry)
- Retweet this message on Twitter: “TransLink is recommending passengers wear a face covering while on or waiting for transit. RT to enter for a chance to receive a face covering from @TransLink. #wearingiscaring Details: https://buzzer.translink.ca/?p=59898” (1 entry)
- Comment on this Facebook post telling us you’d like to enter the draw. (1 entry)
- Comment on this Instagram post telling us you’d like to enter the draw. (1 entry)
If you do all four actions, you’ll have four chances at a TransLink-branded face covering per day!
Check out the official terms and conditions, but here’s the lowdown:
- The draw for the TransLink-branded face coverings will open on Friday, July 3, 2020 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, July 13, 2020. Late entries will not be considered.
- We’re giving away 20 masks in total, which means 20 entries selected by random draw will receive a mask.