Platform closure will allow for system maintenance and repairs
Access to and from the Expo Line at Waterfront Station will be closed on Saturday, August 8 and Sunday, August 9 to accelerate maintenance work while there are fewer people on the system. Access to the Expo Line at Waterfront Station will reopen at the start of service on Monday, August 10.
This 51-hour maintenance window will allow for:
- Power and system upgrades,
- Extensive power rail cleaning and rail repairs,
- Track intrusion alarm maintenance and cleaning,
- Guideway maintenance,
- Detailed platform cleaning,
- Bird prevention installations,
- Lighting upgrades and repairs, and
- CCTV camera repairs
Waterfront Station will remain open for Canada Line and SeaBus service. Signage and staff will be present at Waterfront, Burrard and Granville stations to help guide customers to their destination. For customers who would normally use the Expo Line to or from Waterfront Station, there are a few different options available:
- Transfer between Expo Line’s Granville Station and Canada Line’s Vancouver City Centre Station,
- Catch bus route 50 (Waterfront Station / False Creek South) for bus access between Granville and Waterfront stations, or
- Walk between Waterfront Station and Granville or Burrard stations
We ask that customers plan an extra 10-15 minutes for their commute if they would ordinarily use Waterfront Station’s Expo Line platform. We thank our customers for their patience while we complete this necessary work to keep our system in a state of good repair.