As part of fall ridership campaign, we’re releasing a commemorative and limited edition, adult Compass Card to remind customers to “Be Kind, Be Calm and Be Safe” as we return to transit. This card recognizes the extensive efforts that have been made by leaders and individuals in B.C. in response to the pandemic.
Starting on Sept. 15, you can purchase the card at the Compass Customer Service Centre at Stadium-Chinatown Station, with a $6 refundable deposit, while supplies last. We ask everyone to practice physical distancing, and to wear a mask while on transit, in line and inside the service centre. You’ll also have the chance to win one with a DayPass loaded on it. Keep reading to find out how to you can enter to win!
Over the next few weeks, customers will see new signage at transit stations, on vehicles, and online, designed to remind passengers of improved sanitization and cleaning procedures put in place to further enhance their safety.
What TransLink is doing to make transit safer:
- Mandatory masks on transit vehicles.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing.
- Deploying cleaning “pit crews” to disinfect SkyTrain cars at high traffic stations.
- Increasing bus and SeaBus disinfecting sprays to twice per week in addition to daily cleaning schedules.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting schedules on SkyTrain and West Coast Express cars, as well as HandyDART vehicles.
- Limiting fare gate access at busy stations to help manage the number of customers on SkyTrain.
- Limiting the capacity on buses to approximately two thirds full.
- Installing two-metre spaced decals at some bus stops and station entranceways to help guide customers.
- Expanding the availability of hand sanitizer dispensers, including on the entire RapidBus fleet, at key exchanges, and at more SkyTrain stations.
- Monitoring passenger loads in order to deploy additional service at times and on routes where physical distancing is more difficult.
What customers can do to enhance their own personal safety and that of fellow passengers:
- Stay off the system if you are sick or have any symptoms.
- Wear a mask while on board transit vehicles.
- Travel outside of peak times when possible.
Here’s how to enter the contest
We have 10 “Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe” Compass Cards with a DayPass loaded to give away across all entries on Twitter, Instagram and The Buzzer. To enter the contest, simply complete one or all of the following actions:
- Watch the video and comment below on The Buzzer post one way we’re helping to keep transit safe (1 entry)
- Watch the video in this Instagram post, follow @TransLink, comment on the post one way we’re helping to keep transit safe and tag two friends (1 entry)
- Watch the video in this tweet, follow @TransLinkNews and reply to the tweet telling us one way we’re helping to keep transit safe (1 entry)
If you do all three actions, you’ll have three chances at a “Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe” Compass Card.
Check out the official terms and conditions, but here’s the lowdown:
- The draw for a “Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe” Compass Card will open on Tuesday, September 15 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, September 21, 2020. Late entries will not be considered.
- We’re giving away 10 Compass Cards in total, which means 10 entries selected by random draw will receive a Compass Card.