With the Evergreen Extension opening on December 2, there are many changes for bus routes in and around the Tri-Cities plus the regular seasonal changes.
Service Changes will start on Monday, December 19, 2016 (note: some changes start a few days later).
To help transition to some of the new routes and new names of old routes, we will be introducing a series called Bus Route Buzz.
These posts will feature the top 10 affected service areas with route details, maps and even a live stream talk with one of TransLink’s planners to discuss some of the changes.
In the meantime, take a look at some of the highlights of these Service Changes:
- With the addition of six new SkyTrain stations and 11km of track, this region will have a new transit choice that offers faster, more frequent and direct service between Coquitlam and Vancouver.
- The Evergreen Extension gives us the opportunity to redesign the bus network. Twenty-two bus routes in the Tri-Cities will change, including the C24, 97 B-Line, 160, 188 and the 143.
- Adjusting routes serving schools and post-secondary institutions to better reflect ridership during a two-week special holiday schedule.
- Implementing recommendations from the 2015 Transit Network Review to the 5, 6, C23 and a new B-Line connecting Hastings with Downtown Vancouver.
- Christmas and Boxing Day will run on a Sunday/holiday service schedule. Some routes will be modified to provide more frequent service.
You can find all the Service Changes at translink.ca/servicechanges.
Author: Adrienne Coling