Celebrate Canada’s 150th with a commemorative #Canada150 Compass Card!

Canada 150

These limited edition Compass Cards are available starting June 22 until supplies last

On July 1, our fair land will be celebrating its sesquicentennial anniversary of Canadian Confederation.

That’s just a fancy way of saying Happy 150th Canada!

To mark this momentous occasion, TransLink is releasing 20,000 special, limited edition Canada 150 Adult Compass Cards.

These cards will be available on June 22 at Compass Vending Machines in select SkyTrain Stations. To find a location nearest you check our interactive map.

**Look for Canada 150 decals on CVMs**

#Canada150 Commemorative Compass Card

Commemorative Compass Cards will also be available at the Compass Customer Service Centre located at Stadium–Chinatown Station open on Canada Day from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m. while supplies last. Limit one per person.

Get yours before they’re gone and celebrate Canada’s 150th by tap, tap, tapping in style!

Want to win your way into the celebration? Stay tuned for details on how you can win your very own #Canada150 Commemorative Compass Card!

Celebrate Canada Day in person and online!
Use the hashtag #Canada150 to share your celebration moments with people across the country!

Author: Sarah Kertcher

• By war on the car, June 22, 2017 @ 1:14 pm

Last time I checked (a few weeks ago) the Compass cardholder services office was still issuing 2016 Evergreen commemorative cards. I wondre if this one will be the same?

(Frankly, if so, I see it as a good thing inasmuch as it speaks to the extent to which Compass has already been adopted. It’s hard to sell Compass cards if everyone already has one.)

• By Sarah Kertcher, June 22, 2017 @ 2:00 pm

Hi War on the Car! You’re right, the Compass Customer Service Walk in Centre does in fact still have a limited supply of Evergreen Compass Cards. These #Canada150 cards has been a hit so far, so if you’re planning on picking one up, make sure to grab it soon!

• By Bob, June 23, 2017 @ 8:39 am

Hi Sarah, do you know how many of the evergreen cards were released?

• By Maria, June 29, 2017 @ 8:16 pm

Hello, the Buzzer says that the commemorative compass cards will be available on June 30 at selected vending machines. June 30, not 22. Meaning, I lost my chance because I was expecting to get one tomorrow!!…

• By Brandon, June 30, 2017 @ 8:51 am

Same thing with me, I saw the buzzer say they will be on sale starting today, so I was plannning to buy it today and now I’ve been told all the cvm tickets are sold out.

• By Felix, June 30, 2017 @ 1:55 pm

I am extremely disappointed. How is it good customer relations when you publish a date in print, only to ignore it and release the cards a week early. How are we to trust anything you say in the future? This was handled very poorly.

• By Angela, June 30, 2017 @ 7:52 pm

Same here, I am incredibly disappointed. I read in the buzzer that the cards will be available as of June 30. So I marked the date in my calendar because I really wanted one. And now I can’t get one anymore, just because TransLink printed faulty information. Does no one proof read this buzzer?!?

• By Remy, July 1, 2017 @ 3:10 pm

Me too… I was really hoping for one, based on the paper buzzer date… I went all over town looking and no luck!

:,(

• By Marie, July 2, 2017 @ 10:52 pm

Do the right thing and print some more Canada 150 Compass Cards.

• By Aidan, July 4, 2017 @ 8:42 pm

Please print more Canada 150 compass card so everyone who wants to save it for this important Canadian historical event can get one. I don’t mind even if it’s a 2nd or 3rd edition. Also, I don’t mind if I pay a little more to get the collectable compass card from TransLink (to help improve our transportation system) than buying it from some sellers from eBay or Craigslist (where encourage them to buy all the cards and sell them on auction site and not using it for public transportation).

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, July 5, 2017 @ 6:36 pm

Hi all: I understand your frustration with the cards selling out. We’ll certainly relay this to the Compass team. As you know, we try our best to keep the blog up to date and that’s what we did as the info about the cards changed. As per the print Buzzer, as of the time of printing the information that the cards would be available as of July 1st was accurate. Unfortunately, the Print Buzzer isn’t a digital medium, so there was no way to change that info.

Thanks to all of those who entered the contest for the cards and as mentioned, we’re passing your comments on to the Compass team.

• By Angela, July 23, 2017 @ 7:00 pm

What I don’t get: after you’ve released a date, why even change it? I don’t see there was a need to do so, unless of course you simply wanted to upset your customers. Disappointing, frustrating, bad customer service!

• By Marie, August 31, 2017 @ 9:21 pm

Print some more. I want one too buy craigslist sellers are selling it for 50 amd even 60 $.

• By Grace, October 21, 2017 @ 12:22 am

I love the designs! I wish compass cards had more variety! In Korea you can buy like all different designs and it’s amazing!! I wish Vancouver had that :(((

RSS feed for comments on this post.