Our busiest week of the year for commuters is the first week of September. That’s why we’re having one of our largest service increases to date! It’s the first time we’ve ever increased all three of our modes at once!
We do quarterly service changes to accommodate the needs of our customers. This time around, we’re rolling out more bus, more SkyTrain and more SeaBus service starting September 3.
By the numbers:
- 24 new SkyTrain cars (six trains)
- 40,000 more annual bus hours
- 50 per cent more SeaBus capacity
More than 40,000 added service hours are rolling out through 12 permanent bus increases. Highlights of the permanent increases include:
503 (Langley Centre/Surrey Central):
We’re upgrading it to limited-stop express service!
Monday to Friday
- Service every 8 to 9 minutes during peak times
- Every 10 to 15 minutes during day-time off-peak hours
301 (Newton Exchange/Brighouse Station)
- Every 30 minutes from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- New double-decker buses are coming in October!
N17 (Downtown/UBC NightBus):
To help improve late-night connections to UBC
- 30-minute service until 5:00 a.m. (toward downtown)
- 30-minute service until 4:30 a.m. (toward UBC)
Other popular routes receiving permanent increases include:
5 Robson/Downtown, 6 Davie/Downtown, 7 Nanaimo Station/Dunbar, 19 (Metrotown Station/Stanley Park), 49 Metrotown Station/Dunbar Loop/UBC, 99 Commercial-Broadway/UBC, 112 Edmonds Station/New Westminster Station, 116 Edmonds Station/Metrotown Station and 342 Newton Exchange/Langley Centre.
Back to school! Post-secondary increases are coming to the following eight routes:
9 Boundary/Commercial-Broadway/Granville/Alma, 25 Brentwood Station/UBC, 28 Capilano University/Phibbs Exchange/Joyce Station, 125 Patterson Station/BCIT, 130 Metrotown/Pender/Kootenay Loop/Capilano University, 145 SFU/Production Way-University Station, 258 UBC/West Vancouver and 480 UBC/Bridgeport
The 24 new cars, or six trains will bring:
- 5 per cent more capacity on the Expo Line during peak times
- 9 per cent more capacity on the Millennium Line during peak times
We’re sailing away from 15-minute service and introducing 10-minute sailings during peak hours. That’s 50 per cent more capacity during peak hours!
Peak hours are:
- Weekdays from 7 – 9:30 a.m. and 3 – 6:30 p.m.
Know before you go! Plan your trip using our Trip Planner at translink.ca/tripplanner.